Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Go to ___________!!

I have some vacation time in September blocked, but can't decide where to go. I've had several ideas, but they've been all over the map, literally. I want to go to a place with the following criteria:
  • visually interesting - lots going on (photo frenzy opportunity)
  • has cultural appeal
  • has nature appeal
  • has a touch of danger appeal (encountering a bear, falling off a mountain, encountering interesting/scary people)
So, I have a few places in mind that I'll list here, in no particular order. To make things interesting, I'll solicit ideas here and see what shakes out. Call it the purest form of potential adventure travel.......
  1. Jackson, WY and Kalispell, MT: for hiking in the Tetons and checking out Glacier Nat'l Park
  2. Rockies via Denver and visit with friends, gallery hopping
  3. South-east Asia: Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos
  4. Nepal: post-monsoon but still really hot (some difficulty getting to and from; would limit my days there)
  5. Istanbul / Turkey, via London and a visit to a friend
  6. Morocco, via London and a visit to a friend
Want to send a suggestion? Send a comment!

1 comment:

Kristi Robison said...

Thanks - that is a good idea! I was having a chat with some friends in Norway just this morning - but I was working there earlier in 2005, so am looking for other location adventures. Great suggestion tho, and I would highly recommend a trip to Norway for anyone who enjoys culture and natural beauty!