Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Wish List

Spring is almost - kind of - here. And I'm starting to think about Shopping. Not your typical girly-girl type of shopping. Not even grocery shopping (last time I remember doing that more that a quick stop is January). Not updating my work wear. Not picking out a few flowers for the outside planter. Not another dime toward home improvement.

I'm in the mood for a little updating to the music library. And, since I'm often like a kid in a candy store when I go into a music shop, which is why I often don't go into a music shop (horrified at the amount I end up spending, which is what keeps me away for a year), this time, I've started a little list. And, I'm proud to say, it's not super long. But I've only been working on it for a day - so that could change.

For now, it is - in no particular order:

Prarie Wind - Neil Young

Jet - Shine On

Rogers Sisters - Never Learn to Cry (maybe)

Johnny Cash - A Hundred Highways

Alejandro Escovedo (an actual person I've met) - formerly of the Nuns, Rank & File, and the True Believers with his new solo out - The Boxing Mirror. In one of those "small world" moments, I was reading his website this weekend to check on any new releases. I didn't know he was a huge fan of John Cale's, and that as their friendship grew, so did one with Sterling Morrison of the Velvet Underground (before his passing), who's the cornerstone of one of my pivotal Houston stories. That was a good head-shaking realization. So of course that cd's a must-have. **Playing at the Black Arts Swamp Festival in BG, Sept. 8, in BG - and maybe, just maybe, John Cale will be playing alongside....**

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones

Scritti Politti - White Bread and Black Beer

Miles Davis - The Cellar Door Sessions 1970

Ray Davies - Other People's Lives

Son Volt - The Search

Daniel Lanois - Belladonna

Los Lobos - The Town & The City

Drive By Truckers - Blessing & A Curse

Anyone wishing to contribute to my musical treasure hunt is more than welcome to leave a comment for contact. Oh, and Happy Almost Spring.

1 comment:

jkirlin said...

I can't believe you don't have these already. Geek. :)